My First public prayer at church

I've been praying for the new church that I started to attend, how I can serve and where I can help. The main points were;

  1. I want to serve the area that are not enough people
  2. I want to serve the area where God wants me to serve
Is had been about a month for asking God's guidance, I said I will do anything you want me to do. I started to feel a strong conviction that I should pray for the congregation. What?! English is not my first language and I have never done this in my life. It was absolutely out of my comfort zone. I started to doubt. Maybe, because the guy is serving it or I want to impress him? Yes, the guy is who that I'm interested in. But I know how to look at my heart and honesty, it was not about those and it was a pure servant heart for the Lord.

So, I spoke to my pastor about this and he said 'That's great because we don't have enough people for the payer!'. Obviously and clearly it was God's answer. By the way, I'm not a big fan of looking for a sign or answer but it was almost inevitable.

The Lord placed the passion that I would like to read my prayer over and over again. I wrote this with a friend of mine who is from my church. I don't know her deeply but I knew she was the one who can help me with wisdom and decrement. Here is the payer.

Our Father in Heaven,

It is your gracious will that we gather in this building at the same time and in the same space with the same purpose.
As we come to pray, please help us to fix our attention.*

We want to lay our idols before you
—work, money, career, family, fame, people, or even ourselves.
Whether material or immaterial, we have worshipped those things that will eventually perish.*

O Lord, please forgive us.**

Let your grace teach us the lesson we are so slow to learn.
Give us teachable hearts so that when we hear your word we will humbly obey and turn away from those things.
Thank you, for being an all-loving and patient Heavenly Father.*

We lift up each of our church leaders to you.
Lord, please bless their family lives and help them to serve one another with joy as husbands and wives,
and may their homes be filled with peace and your provision.*

We also wanna give thanks for those who quietly serve St. Clement. Though they may not be seen by others, you remember them.
And you wrote their names in the book of life already.*

Lord, we bring the matters of the world before you.
The world appears chaotic and helpless in our eyes—filled with wars, natural disasters, crimes, bad leadership, and more.

Please remind us to be slow to despair or panic.
May we be quiet and at peace, because you are in control.

For yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever, We pray all these things in Jesus name, Amen.

I want my prayer to be personal - if you look at the people who wrote the Bible, they all wrote it in their own unique way yet the Holy Spirit helped them wonderfully - and coming from my heart which I believe that the Spirit of wisdom that comes from the Lord. My pastor reviewed my prayer, he said only a couple of words might need to be changed in order not to make any misunderstanding otherwise, you did a great job!

When I wrote this prayer I felt like I have no brain. I looked at the Puritans prayer book and pick up some suitable sentences that I would like to say, I had to adjust some grammar with Chat GPT a bit and it came out fantastic.

I'm still feeling overwhelming and tired after the public prayer but before the prayer what the Lord reminded me was 'Do it for the love of me'. Once I focused on that wisdom, my heart filled with gratitude and joy- the fact that I'm doing it purely for the sake of God and it will be blessing to others-. I shall do it for his Kingdom and His righteousness which means 'For the love of God.'


Comments

Popular Posts